Canadian Scholarships for International Universities
Scholarship Deadlines by Month
Claremont District Awards
*More information to come in early Spring*
There will be a meeting held in March with District Scholarship information. Listen for the date during the announcements! It will be held at lunch.
Graduation Program Examinations Scholarships Program
Beginning in the Spring of 2017, we have several Provincial Scholarships
- B.C. Excellence Scholarships
- B.C. Achievement Scholarships
- District/Authority Scholarships
- Graduation Program examinations Scholarships
- Pathway to Teacher Education Scholarship
- Passport to Education
- Secondary Apprenticeship Scholarships
Information on all of the above can be found at:
NCAA FAQs for international-student athletes
Post Secondary InformationScholarship and contact information
BC Colleges, Universities and InstitutesCamosun College
Emily Carr University of Art and Design
Royal Roads University
Justice Institute of BC
University of Victoria
University of BC
University of Northern BC
University of Vancouver Island
Simon Fraser University
Canadian International Awards Link
Scholarship Meetings 2017/2018
There will meetings held on Wednesdays in Room 310. You will be notified when an upcoming meeting will be taking place and at what time.
What happens at the meetings?
o Information is provided on upcoming scholarships
o Information is provided on how to get and apply for scholarships
o Questions are answered about scholarship applications
Note: you may not find a scholarship that you want to apply for at every meeting. However....STILL COME! Even if there are only a few scholarships that you receive in a year, then your small investment in time will have been worth it!
Email List :
Please ensure that Mr. Cannon has your email address and you will receive weekly emails about upcoming and pending Scholarships.
· Is to support you in applying for scholarships.
· Is to do the work necessary to apply for scholarships. This includes:
· Doing some research
· Having a polished resume ready to go
· Arranging for reference letters (ahead of time) Give your referees plenty of notice!
· Arranging for transcripts ahead of time - ideally one weeks notice
Note: Unofficial transcripts are free. Official transcripts cost $2 each
Organizing and sending your completed applications in on time. Look for:
· "postmarked by” or "received by”
· deadline date and time
· method of submission "fax, e-mail, drop off, mail”
Sources of Information:
Claremont website: Under Scholarships and Awards - we will have:
· a list of school and district awards
· links to other scholarship sites.