Have you ever wondered what it might be like to be a part of the Canadian Armed Forces? The Saturday, February 24th Soldier For A Day is your chance to get an inside look at all aspects of basic military concepts such as drill and dress, military equipment, weapons, vehicles, training equipment, and military rations. Soldier For A Day is a Work Study Program based at the 715 Bay Street, Victoria.
Army Reservists have contributed in many different ways to domestic operations within Canada including:
- Assisting with fighting forest fires in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan
- Assisting with flood relief efforts in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec
- Assisting with hurricane relief in Newfoundland and Labrador
- participated in recovery efforts following ice storms in eastern Canada
- supported Winter Olympics in Vancouver
To participate in the program , you must be a minimum of 15 years of age and be interested in learning more about the Canadian Armed Forces Army Reserves.
Find out more about what the Army Reserves can offer in education, employment, and even careers.
More information on eligibility and online application available from the Claremont Career Centre.