Do you have an interest in learning about:
- Metal fabrication - Pipefitter
- Marine Service Tech - Electrician
- Nautical Seafarer - Crane Operator
- Sheet Metal Worker - Rigger
- Welder - Sandblaster/Painter
- Carpenter/Joiner - Machinist/Engine Fitter
- and more?
Would you like to have the following certifications on your resume?:
- First-Aid Level 1
- Confined Space Entry
- Fall Arrest Protection
Students in the Marine TASK (Trades Awareness Skills and Knowledge) program will receive an introduction to the safety practice, work rediness skills and certifications required to enter the marine industry. Students will explore the many trades listed above through online theory and hands-on instruction.
This dual credit program awards a post-secondary credit and 16 high school credits to students who have successfully completed it.
The Marine TASK program will run from April to August 2018:
- April to June - Online Trades Theory from home school (up to 150 hours over 3 months)
- July to August - Hands-on Instruction at Camosun College
Students in grade 10-12 are encouraged to apply! Application deadline March 16, 2018
Please see Mr. Arsenault or Ms. Loukes in the Claremont Career Centre for SIP course application packages.