There will meetings held on Wednesdays in Room 310. You will be notified when an upcoming meeting will be taking place and at what time.
What happens at the meetings?
o Information is provided on upcoming scholarships
o Information is provided on how to get and apply for scholarships
o Questions are answered about scholarship applications
Note: you may not find a scholarship that you want to apply for at every meeting. However....STILL COME! Even if there are only a few scholarships that you receive in a year, then your small investment in time will have been worth it!
Email List :
Please ensure that Mr. Cannon has your email address and you will receive weekly emails about upcoming and pending Scholarships.
· Is to support you in applying for scholarships. Your job:
· Is to do the work necessary to apply for scholarships. This includes:
· Doing some research
· Having a polished resume ready to go
· Arranging for reference letters (ahead of time) Give your referees plenty of notice!
· Arranging for transcripts ahead of time - ideally one weeks noticeNote: Unofficial transcripts are free. Official transcripts cost $2 each
Organizing and sending your completed applications in on time. Look for:
· "postmarked by” or "received by”
· deadline date and time
· method of submission "fax, e-mail, drop off, mail”
Sources of Information:
Claremont website: Under Scholarships and Awards - we will have:
· a list of school and district awards
· links to other scholarship sites.