Congratulations!! You are a member of the Grad Class of 2018!
This is going to be an exciting year and we want to make sure you get all the information you need to get to June 28, 2018 for the Official Graduation Ceremony.
Do you have a valid email address attached to your moodle account? We will be adding you to the Grad 2018 forum so that you will get important information as soon as it is posted. We don’t want you to miss any deadlines, so check your email address today!!
Have you signed up for REMIND. Click on the link to register and receive important updates or messages from Mr. Westhaver. Click here to go to REMIND
What you need to think about…..
• Formal Graduation Ceremony June 28, 2018 (Thursday) at UVic 5:30 pm, followed by an amazing Dinner and Dance
• Grad Slideshow ( Photos to be submitted in January 2018)
You will be asked to collect the best photos of you or a group of friends from Kindergarten to Grade 12 and submit them for the Slideshow that will be presented at the beginning of the Grad ceremony and the dinner dance.
• Speaking Role Nomination Forms (included in Grad Package in April)
Do you want a speaking role at the Grad Ceremony? You could be the Valedictorian, the Mistress/Master of Ceremonies, Present the Gift to the School, or Introduce the Grads as they cross the stage.
• Grad Musical Performance
Audition Prepare and polish your group or single performance and prepare to WOW the selection committee. You must audition the piece you wish to perform at Grad. This should be a musical piece that is upbeat and celebration appropriate. Performers must be part of the Claremont Grad Class. Auditions will be held in the new year.
• Yearbook Write-up -
Your yearbook write-up will be due March 2, 2018. Details are on the website for submitting your write-up.
• UVic Ceremony Write-up
This will be a statement read about you as you cross the stage. Details will be in the Grad Package
• SNAG List (Students Not Able to Graduate) – This list is generated through an extract from MYEd and Admin./Counselling to determine early in February which grade 12 students are not in a position to graduate because of incomplete courses required for graduation.
• PSI (Post-Secondary Institute) Choices Form
• Passing Date Information / Appeal Process - To participate in the Grad Recognition Ceremony at UVic, all students must be at least 70% through their semester 2 Claremont, SIDES, or ILC course by Monday May 1, 2018. If a student is not in a passing position then an Appeal Meeting with Mr. Westhaver must be completed by May 15, 2018. An Appeal meeting is designed for the students to share a detailed plan on how they will complete the course work so as to be in a passing position to graduate.
• Important Dates to Remember – Coming Soon
• Grad Status – Verification Form - Coming Soon
• Grad Transition Interview Information - Wed. April 18, 2018
• Scholarships and Awards Please make sure you see Mr. Cannon for details about upcoming scholarships and awards. Details also available on Claremont Website - Scholarships
• Dry Grad
A great event following the grad dinner dance. This event is sponsored by the Grad Parents. They are always looking for volunteers to make this night a success.
• Official Grad Recessional Song.
Nomination forms will be in the grad package. Please start thinking about a song. This song should be upbeat and celebration appropriate. Song should also reflect the grad class. A vote will be placed on the Grad Website in May.
• When do I have to pay the Grad fees? The fees will be due when you turn in your “Grad Package” on April 23, 2018.
• How much will Grad Fees cost?
The fees will be similar to previous years. The approximate costs for Grad 2018 will be Ceremony at UVIC $50.00 (which included 2 tickets) Extra Ceremony Tickets $10.00 per ticket Grad Dinner/Dance Banquet $75.00 per ticket.
• Graduation Ceremony Rehearsal
At UVIC May 23, 2018 Blocks 1 and 2. (Returning to school by 12:00 pm) All Students must attend the rehearsal and be in Ridge Theatre before 9:00 am. All students graduating must be in attendance. This is your only rehearsal.
• Graduation Ceremony Tickets
Full details regarding grad tickets and sale date will be in the “Grad Package” which will be given out on April 11, 2018. All Grads will be guaranteed 2 tickets with a final number to be determined when the grad class size is confirmed. The number of grad tickets available to each student is determined by the size of the graduating class.
• Graduation Ceremony Extra Tickets
Once each Grad has booked tickets for the ceremony it will be determined if or how many tickets are available for distribution as extra tickets. If any tickets are available a date and process will be announced via the school website in the middle of June.