Are you unsure of what career or even continuing education path to follow? Are you interested in a career that will allow you to work outdoors, get exercise and see the results of your workday? A career in construction might be right for you.
The Vancouver Island Construction Association (VICA) is recruiting candidates for a 6-week program that will:
- help you develop job entry skills,
- give basic training in construction safety and worksite knowledge,
- get you the safety certificates that employers look for when hiring,
- share the do's and don'ts of construction site culture,
- help you with your resumé and interview skills, and
- get you onto construction worksites to talk with employers, learn about the apprenticeship opportunities and pathways, and build confidence about being on the worksite.
If you are 15-29 years of age, a resident of BC and legally entitled to work in Canada, consider finding out if you qualify for this by calling : 250 800- 1722. Also check out the VICA poster below.