It's TEAC 105 (Explorations in Technology) registration time for the Feb-May 2018 course!
dual-credit course, that runs on Fridays from 3-6 pm, provides current high
school students with an introduction to careers and basic skills in
Computer Science, Electronic and Computer Engineering Technology, Civil
Engineering Technology, and Mechanical Engineering Technology.
will complete a hands-on project in each of the 4 areas as they explore
potential career and post-secondary options within the 4 technology
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify careers in the 4 technology fields (Civil, Mechanical, Electronics and Computer Science).
- Civil – Identify various civil engineering projects and the role that civil engineering plays in each, apply civil engineering methods and calculations to a simple design and civil engineering project.
- Mechanical – demonstrate simple 3D CAD modeling skills, basic shop skills and safety techniques, and identify the design elements associated with the completion of a small mechanical engineering project.
- Electronics – create a simple electronics circuit, describe simple micro-controller programming concepts, and list the elements of and build a small electronics project.
- Computer Science – use a programming language to examine the fundamentals of software design and development.
- Length: 36 hours - spread over 12 weeks
- Structure 3 hours per week: 9 hours per Technology area
- Audience Grade 10, 11 and 12 students
- Prerequisites: None
- Time: Fridays - 3-6:00 pm
- Location: Camosun Interurban Campus- Technology Building
- Cost: Application fee of $41 (Student responsibility) - (Tuition Fee paid by SD#63)
Please see Mr. Arsenault in the Career Centre for application packages.