Daily Chronicle

Claremont Smile of the Day - June 25

Picture of Andrea Martin
Claremont Smile of the Day - June 25
by Andrea Martin - Thursday, 25 June 2020, 6:16 AM

Good morning, Claremont community!

As I sit down with my morning coffee, I am writing my final Claremont Smile of the Day and thinking back on the past three upside-down months. What has transpired since Spring Break is nothing short of extraordinary.  Although this fourth school term started with a huge degree of uncertainty, worry and trepidation for everyone, I have proudly watched students, parents, our admin team, teaching staff, support staff, School District staff and community supporters come together in so many creative, dynamic, positive, supportive, flexible ways;  you have all risen to challenges, left your comfort zones, taught and learned through new platforms, connected in new ways, adapted to new realities, and overcome barriers. The willingness and resilience you have all demonstrated makes me smile and so happy to be part of our Claremont community.

I hope you can all think back on big and small moments during the past three months that lifted you, and made you smile. I hope you feel positive about the academic successes that were achieved under unusual conditions. I hope that within your experience, there were some meaningful lessons learned that had everything to do with life, and nothing to do with academics.  And as we launch into summer, and we see many of our community’s restrictions relaxing, I hope that each and every one of you finds many reasons to enjoy your lives and smile.  Happy summer!

As today is the final Smile of the Day, I leave you with two quotes:

“Always wear a smile, because your smile is a reason for many others to smile.”  Winnie the Pooh  ( A.A. Milne).

“A smile goes a long way, but you must first start it on its journey.”  Helen Keller