Friday January 15th, 2021
Dear Parents, Guardians and Students,
Here are a few topics to be aware of with two weeks left to go until we finish up Quarter 3 on Friday Jan 29th:
● PAC Meeting: Our next PAC meeting is set for Tues, Jan. 19th at 7:00pm. Like previous meetings, this will be a TEAMs meeting for those who wish to join. Please see the following link for instructions on how to join the meeting. If you plan on attending please RSVP Mr. Westhaver by email and he will send you the link to join firstname.lastname@example.org Some of the agenda items include; Admin updates, PAC chair report, treasures report and allocation of PAC funds. We hope to see you there and appreciate your input.
● In Person Support for Students: With two weeks to go in the Quarter, we would like to remind all students that there is drop in support available, especially for all core level courses (Math, Science, Socials, & English), at our After School Homework Club that runs on Tuesdays & Wednesdays from 3:00pm-4:00pm in Room 235.
● Progress Check-In: It is always a good idea to check in with your son/daughter near the end of a term to see how things are going and ensure that they are on top of their studies (especially if they have any missing assignments or outstanding work to complete). If there are any issues/discrepancies, please feel free to email teachers to see where things are at from a school-based perspective.
● Literacy/Numeracy Assessments: The assessment schedule for Jan 25th to Jan 27th is linked here. These assessments only affect those Grade 10 or 11 students that are scheduled in a Math or English class (or both) this Quarter; please double check the schedule if this is the case and ensure that your child is aware of the date(s)and time(s) that they are writing. Sample questions and extra information for both assessments are linked here. Results of November assessments are released on Jan. 18 and can be found using your student BCeID.
● Bus Loop Drop Off or Pick Up: The bus loop at the front of the school needs to be clear of vehicles at particular times when school busses need to enter/exit. These times include in the Morning (8:40am-9:10am), at Lunch (11:40am-12:20pm), and After School (3:15pm-3:45pm). Thank you to all of our parents in advance for ensuring that they do not use the bus loop for drop off or pick up within these times. In addition, we have received concerning phone calls from our neighbours who reside in the cul-de-sacs adjacent to the school. The volume of traffic in and out of the cul-de-sacs dropping off and picking up students has been on the increase. Please use the designated drop off and pick-up area through the student parking lot. Thank you.
● Group A/B Rotation: The Group A/B schedule for last two weeks of Quarter 2 is listed below:
We hope everyone is poised to enjoy a wonderfully sunny weekend!
Peter Westhaver Kelly de Klerk Aaron Buckham
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com